Keep An Eye On Your Team’s Productivity With These 3 Time Tracking Apps
When it comes to running a successful business, time management is key. As often said, time is money. But how efficient is your business running? How do you measure how effectively your time across your organization is being handled and managed? It is also often said, if it isn’t measured it doesn’t matter. The key is to make the measurement of time as streamlined as possible to increase efficiency across your entire organization.
Below you will find some options to help keep an eye on, and increase, your business efficiency. Let’s jump into three apps that are sure to help you keep up with your projects and team in a timely manner as you embark on your important projects.
Clockify is a time tracking software for teams that focuses on allowing you to track time spent across all of your projects. It also includes a timesheet app for your team members and/or employees.
- Features (5): Clockify offers a variety of features for time keeping, reporting and management. It not only boosts the ability to track your time, tasks and projects, but it also has built-in timesheet features. You can track how productive you and your team are by inputting your billable hours. You can also track time for apps & websites that you use. Clockify has a kiosk feature where employees can clock in and out from either a single phone or a tablet. Their reports allow you to see the progress of your projects and team/employee activity on those projects. You can also run reports based on location with the GPS tracking feature. With Clockify you can set budgets for your projects to make sure your team stays on track. Clockify also has management features for example a timeline feature that lets you schedule employee and team member shifts, time off and assign projects. With the timeline feature you can plan your resources and see who is available, who is busy and who is overloaded. Employees and team members can request time off, managers can approve timesheets and everyone can record expenses for projects. This lets you bill your client for your expenses incurred on a project. All reports can be exported.
- Integrations (4): Clockify integrates with over 80+ web apps. You can also install the browser app to track time right from your browser. You can use Zapier to connect Clockify with even more apps or use their API to get data in and out of Clockify. They even let you contribute code to their open-source extension. If you are using a popular project management tool like Asana or ClickUp you can track time directly on the tasks.
- Ease of Use (5): Clockify is easy to use. Track time from your phone, tablet, computer or browser. Choose individual team members to see at a glance what they are working on and how much it costs. You can create invoices from timesheets with just a few clicks.
- Pricing (5): Clockify is free to use forever. Their free plan lets you track unlimited time, projects, have unlimited users and use unlimited reports. It also includes support, apps and integrations and API access. You only will need to pay if you want even more advanced features like time audits, time off and approvals just to name a few. For those plans they have tiered pricing.
Clockify is a great option to dive right into tracking time with your team and employees. Being able to track your time from different locations with just your phone makes it easy to get a handle on where your time is going. The free version is a great option if you are new to time tracking and want to get a fill for the features your business needs.
Harvest is a time tracking software that lets you track time and expenses from your phone, browser or desktop app. It can seamlessly fit into your existing workflow with their extensive list of integrations.
- Features (5): Harvest keeps its features simple. You are able to track time and it has a built-in timesheet feature. You can track time automatically from your phone, tablet, computer, and browser. You can set up custom reminders to make sure your team tracks their time. Another key feature is the ability to track expenses and bill for them directly on the invoice. Harvest has various reports to track not only your time but your team’s time. You can see what has been invoiced and what has not been invoiced. You can run reports to see the internal costs of a project versus what you can bill for. Once you bill for time, a lock will appear by your time entries so you don’t accidentally bill again. You also have the option of attaching expenses to the invoice. Harvest lets you create estimates so you can send for approval and then turn them into an invoice.
- Integrations (5): Harvest has direct integrations with most of the popular tools you already use. If you use Zapier you can connect to over 1,000+ more apps and automate your workflow. You can also build your own integrations by using their API. If you are using a popular project management tool like Asana, ClickUp or Monday you can track time directly on the tasks.
- Ease of Use (4): Getting started with Harvest is pretty smooth. Once you sign up you will be able to enter in your company information, project and client information. Tracking your time is easy too. You can track within your browser inside of Harvest or use the phone app or the browser extension. If you use project management tools like Asana or ClickUp you can directly connect with Harvest to track time right inside of your tasks. You can easily see reports of time tracked and on what tasks. You can also see what tasks have been invoiced and what hasn’t. You can click a button to create an invoice for any un-invoiced amount.
- Pricing (4): You can get started for free on Harvest with a fully functional 30-day trial. If you decide to not upgrade once the trial is up you will be kept on the free plan with a restriction of 1 seat and 2 projects. The paid plan includes unlimited seats and unlimited projects.
Harvest is one of the first time tracking apps that I used when I started in business. I like the fact that even on the free plan you can invoice for time tracked. If you are only tracking a couple of projects the free plan is a great start to get your feet wet.
Toggl is a time tracking app that can track your time spent on tasks and time spent on projects your team members are working on. Toggl allows you to keep an eye on the profitability of your projects and client work and make sure that your team is working on the right tasks and not getting burnt out.
- Features (5): Toggl lets you track time from your phone, tablet, computer, or browser. No matter what you are doing or where you are you can track time with the push of a button. If you download the desktop app you are able to track idle time. This lets you capture those times when you are working in different apps and windows but forget to track what you are doing. Toggl tracks everywhere you visit and the different apps so you can go back and see exactly where you were and add the time to a project, client or task. Another feature is the ability to gain insights on your time. You can see what projects, tasks or activities you and your team spend time on and the daily average. Reports is another feature that you can use to see in an organized way what is going on with you and your team’s time. You can display reports in many ways. By date, filters, charts, grouping lists, pie charts or you can export your data. Reports can be filtered by team, client, project, task , billable or non billable, tags or a description. Just like the rest of the apps you can set your billable hours per project and generally. Other features include tracking the profitability of your project, Pomodoro timer, and time tracking triggers.
- Integrations (4): Toggl integrates with over 100+ popular tools and with the Toggl Track browser extension. You have options to customize your workflow, build your own integrations with the Toggl Track API and Reports API. You can view your Outlook and Google events in Toggl. Toggl also has native integrations with Jira Sync and Salesforce Sync. If you are using a popular project management tool like Asana, ClickUp, and/or Monday you can track time directly on the tasks.
- Ease of Use (5): Toggl is easy to use. You can track time with one click across multiple projects. No matter what you are wanting to do in Toggl they make everything one-click easy for running reports, logging time, logging tasks, and more. Your team and employees will love how easy it is to track their time without having to fumble around with traditional timesheet entries.
- Pricing (4): Like Clockify, Toggl has 4 Plan tiers. The free plan is designed for freelancers to track unlimited time, projects, clients and tags. The free plan includes 5 users. As your needs grow they have billing similar to most SaaS platforms with pricing per user.
Toggl is a good option if you like simplicity and getting just what you need when it comes to tracking your projects, employees and profitability intuitively.
Staying on top of how much time you spend on tasks, projects and client work in your business is essential to making sure your business is profitable. Each of these options let you track time spent on projects, monitor employee or team members time spent working on tasks and projects and invoice for your time.
Are you using time tracking apps to help you stay on track in your business? Let me know in the comments below.